Shotcrete Certification Success
The Concrete Pumping Association of Australia hosted the American Shotcrete Association for the second time to provide Australians with the opportunity to become American Concrete Institute certified shotcrete nozzlemen. Held from April 27th -29th the event took place at Meales Concrete Pumping, Sunshine Coast premises: 26 Kerryl St, Kunda Park QLD 4556.
The participants all passed the written examinations, with scores ranging from 86%-99%, and all passed the performance test. The attendees are now certified as ACI Shotcrete Nozzlemen. The men will receive an ACI Certification Licence, certificate and be listed on the ACI and CPAA website as certified nozzlemen for use by employers and engineers etc. The international certification is becoming more and more popular. Engineers, architects and builders increasingly are only allowing certified nozzlemen on site.
The event was highly sucessful, and we are now taking expression of interest forms for 2018.
Six reasons you should attend in 2018!
1) Attain an internationally recognised shotcrete certification
2) Differentiate yourself from the competition in your industry
3) Become recognised and qualified for the skilled work that you do
4) Ask the tricky questions you were never sure about
5) Add another selling point to your resume for potential clients
6) It shows employers that you not only have a commitment to the industry, but that you are educated and proven to be a certified nozzlemen.
Day 1: Education Course
The Shotcrete Nozzleman Education Course is a seven (7) hour classroom component for Nozzlemen seeking certification for the first time. The course is a pre-requisite before undertaking later Certification. The course however provides a great overview of the shotcrete process for owners, contractors and project managers.
What you will learn at the Day 1 Shotcrete Nozzleman Education Course:
- Concrete Materials
- Mixture Proportioning
- What is Shotcrete
- Shotcrete Materials
- Shotcrete Equipment
- Preparation Before Shooting
- Shotcrete Placement Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Conditions & Precautions
- Finishing & Tolerance Controls
Day 2: Spraying and Examination
The Shotcrete Nozzleman Education Course with Certification is conducted over two (2) days. Day one (1) is the classroom component for Nozzlemen seeking certification for the first time. Full certification includes written components and performance exams. The performance exams require shooting test panels, coring and grading the quality of the shotcrete placement.
Nozzlemen are required to show 500 hours of shooting experience before they may pursue certification. Four certifications are available:
- Wet Mix Vertical
- Wet Mix Overhead
- Dry Mix Vertical
- Dry Mix Overhead.
|2017 PRICING STRUCTURE |
(EXCLUSIVE OF GST)*
|Shotcrete Education Course (1 Day)||$2,000||$2,500|
|Shotcrete Course with Examination and Certification (2 Day)||$2,700||$3,375|